The History of the Club
1913 - The Founding of the Club
The earliest photograph we have on record of the club, taken outside the candle factory. Four of the families still live in the Village.
1923 - Brinklow's Cup Winning Team
(Extracted from a letter kept with the photos)
Brinklow F.C. & members of their committee together with Cups won this season. The large trophy is the RugbyHospital Cup & the other the Rugby Chamber of Commerce Hospital Cup.
Beginning their Career in September 1912 the village team have been members of the C&NW League (Division II) since 1923. In their first season the club played friendly games with the exception of competing in the Rally Cup. They have created a record in the Rally competition by winning the trophy on three occasions. The final stage of the Rugby Hospital Cup has been reached on two occasions and in the 1929-30 season they beat Heyford 2-1
Although they joined the C&NW League in the 1923-24 season they did not lose touch with the Rugby & District league in which they entered a reserve team. Among their team members are E Tew who has been in the first team for the last thirteen seasons, W Walker who has eleven seasons service, G Bowers ten seasons, C Cooper & B Clipton.
A cup tie that stands out in the annals of the club is the final of the Dunchurch Cup in 1924-25 when they met Braunston, after playing two games, a total of three & a half hours Braunston won 2-1.